Friday, June 01, 2012

new work

Rhosneigr beach






Finally....some paintings to show you, that is my job after all.  This painting is hot off the easel... its a commission for a couple living in Australia but grew up here, so we had a family day at the beach in Rhosneigr on Sunday for research, ahem, its such hard work doing research for a painting! I got to spend quite a bit of time in the studio this week and ta da its pretty much finished. A few details to finish and then varnish. This painting is pretty big, 5ft wide, I do hope it makes it all that way safely, and next week I am about to start on the biggest painting I have ever done at 8ft wide.....I'm really looking forward to it. I'll keep you updated on its progress.
Well, It promises to be a busy busy weekend in the gallery what with jubilee celebrations, the Beaumaris arts festival on, and the craft fair, oh and the beaumaris wheel in town....and a bank holiday, whew what a weekend.  Hope everyone has fun, I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone got up to.
Have a GREAT weekend xxx


5 comments:

Ali said...

That is beautiful! *stares* I love pictures like that, that have lots to look at and discover. The colours are so cheering too. I so wish I could afford a big painting from you. *rummages in pockets*

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I have been lurking for a little while but I just have to say how much I love your painting! :)
Vivienne x

Janet said...

Ali and Vivienne, thanks so much, I am having a lot of fun painting at the moment, its lovely to have your feedback. x

Jenny said...

This painting is just amazing! I love looking at all the little details. Just wonderful!

Lisa said...

I love these pieces of work, they are such happy paintings. I have the Llandwyn Island and Puffin Island paintings of yours and just love them! I would love to know if you have considered doing one of Cemaes Bay, Anglesey- that is where we spend our hols! Absolutely love, love your work, keep it up! xx