Wednesday, April 11, 2007

the quiet before the storm

I'm quiet because I am busy busy busy. I knew this was going to be a busy time, galleries get busy at Easter but not quite like this. Every night is a late one but I have taken to going swimming 8.30 ish to wind down for the day and have a quiet time to think then spend the rest of the evening planning the following day. I have Sarah coming in the morning from
Sarah Wiseman gallery to chat about the finer details of my show and talk about the placement of the works. My new pieces are developing nicely. I will post a few more images on Friday. I had an early birthday present in the form of this frame. I fell in love with this company at Christmas when I found the stall at Spitalfields, but you can also find them at Liberty.



I am excited about a night away on Sunday which I think a certain someone has planned for me as a birthday treat. Really looking forward to a day enjoying this glorious weather we are having here and away from the studio.

A couple of other fab things from Thorsten Van Elten
These vases

and this oversized teacup plantpot


also enjoying the colour week Julie of Handmaid has organised. I shall join in next time for sure.

Be back soon x

4 comments:

julie said...

Oh Janet, that frame is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! What company is it?

Cant wait to see you new paintings...birthday girl!! xxx

Lesley Todd said...

Happy birthday!! Is it your birthday on Sunday? I have already sent 2 cards for people who's birthdays are on Sunday! Both very industrious people like yourself. I wonder if there is any truth in star signs. Have a lovely day! xx

ps. I love that teacup!! Want one!!

Janet said...

Hey you two. Just posted about the frame Julie, I want it all!!!!
Lesley, my birthday is Monday, I think we can safely say I am a very typical Aries! xx

Lesley Todd said...

I wish I was an Aries! Alas, I am a slow plodding, stubborn taurean!! ;-) Have a great day on Monday!