Wednesday, November 08, 2006

and there's more....

Just a few more designers I am loving right now
Vicky Ambery Smith I love penguins

Elizabeth Abbey

Shaun Leane

I went to see the creature show at Manchester craft centre.The show looks at modern day soft toys and textile works with quirky but endearing personalities. The show includes work by eight makers whose hand-made designs are changing the face of soft toys and contemporary Crafts. Sketch books and design plans are on show alongside the creatures themselves, explaining more about how these quirky characters were created. The show features work by Donna Wilson, Sam Leonard, Lucy Griffiths, Claire Montgomerie, Judy Dwyer, Pure Chemistry and Sparrow Kids.

Sam Leonards skinni bears caught my eye at New designers this year.

Cyril the squirrel

....and the ever wonderful Donna Wilsons characters

She has a fabulous website, you should check it out.

1 comment:

Lesley Todd said...

Crikey, I think I could buy the whole of Hannah Lamb's collection. Think I'd better put my numbers on at the weekend!